A Lawn Care Service Provider Shares Crucial Information about Proper Lawn Maintenance
Green and abundant lawns serve as a great backdrop for parties, cookouts, picnics, and many other summer activities. However, only a lawn owner knows how hard it is to maintain a green and lush lawn. Luckily, there are many lawn care service providers that offer quality services at fair rates. If you don’t have the time, tools, or will to do the job yourself, then hire a professional.
Here are a few useful tips and tricks on how to maintain a greener, thicker, and healthier lawn:
- The One-Third Rule: You should never cut more than 1/3 of your grass blade at a time. Extreme mowing can make your lawn lose its appearance. Furthermore, grass that is cut too short is more prone to disease and damage caused by insects.
- Go with the highest acceptable height. I know that everyone likes shaved lawns, but the truth is that longer grass develop deeper roots. This means that, if you allow your grass to grow longer, it will withstand droughts and oppose disease better.
- Sharp mower blades. You must make sure your mower’s blades are sharpened regularly. If your blades are beating more than cutting, then your grass will suffer. Clean cuts make your grass heal faster and grow stronger. If the grass is beaten up, then it may develop serious health problems.
- Apply fertilizer. Fertilizing is one of the most important lawn care practices. However, you must be very careful when undertaking such a task. Applying too much fertilizer on a healthy lawn can cause more harm than good. I suggest you consult a professional lawn care service provider before you make any decision regarding the fertilization of your lawn.
- Check your irrigation system. Watering is another very important aspect to proper lawn care. You must make sure that your irrigation system is kept in good condition all season long.
If you reside in [ln] and are looking for a professional lawn care service provider, then you should contact [cn]. We have many years of experience and numerous satisfied clients. Call us at [phone], and you won’t regret it.